Finney Law Office News
- Payouts mount from maker of gear blamed in St. Louis firefighter deaths
Product defect claims continue to be filed against the manufacturer of safety gear used by firefighters. The claims stem from deaths and serious injuries suffered by firefighters who used the Personal Alert Safety Systems (PASS) manufactured by Sperian Protection.
- Hi-Tech Security sued, owner's property searched
A St. Louis man has filed a lawsuit for unspecified damages against a private security company, claiming that he suffered a traumatic brain injury after being restrained by company-employed guards at a local nightclub.
- Model Wins $20,000 In Malpractice Suit - St. Louis Post Dispatch
Professional model Dianne York was awarded $20,000 Thursday by a jury in St. Louis County Circuit Court in a medical malpractice case.The jury found against Dr. Kenneth D. Corwin, a plastic surgeon with offices at West Port Plaza.
- Youth Shot in Holdup Gets $5.5 Million - St. Louis Post Dispatch
Whelan Security Co. plans to appeal a jury award of more than $5.5 million to a youth paralyzed from the chin down when a Whelan security guard escorting a Southwestern Bell worker accidentally shot the youth in the neck. Bart C. Sullivan, Whelan's lawyer, said Thursday that the judgment disappointed and shocked the company.
- Judge Orders City to Pay Owner of Downtown Site City had Denied a Demolition Permit for the Syndicate Trust Building - St. Louis Post Dispatch
A judge has ordered the city of St. Louis to pay the owner of the Syndicate Trust Building nearly $4.3 million. The building's owner - Conlon Group Inc. - sued the city, saying the city's denial of a demolition permit deprived the owner of the use of the downtown property. But the city has no plans to open its checkbook.